Sunday, February 26, 2012

YOU'VE GOT HACKERS!- YOUR YAHOO! MAIL ACCOUNTS MAY BE AT RISK OF BEING HACKED






It is pretty good chance that you have or had a Yahoo! Mail account. Yahoo! Mail was the second largest web-based email service with 310 million users as of October 2011, and the most popular webmail service in the United States. I personally have a Yahoo! account because it was easy to set up, free of charge, and popular among my friends. But now that I'm older those things aren't my priority. In the age of hackers I need to know how well will you protect my mail. So I took the liberty to look at the Privacy Policy Yahoo! has in place. I can't list it all because it is pretty extensive but I will mention how we have security questions and must make "complicated" passwords; so no "123me" passwords for Yahoo!I can also recall a time when I forgot my password and once I got it wrong a certain number of times the account was lock and once I got in it I was forced to make another one  Now with such high tech security you would think we would be hack-free right? WRONG!




 I found an article on a user had his account hacked. I learned about another feature where you can set your locations and this man set California, New York, and Pennsylvania but apparently he was hacked with a Romania location. I agree with that when the location was Romania a notification, password confirmation, or another precaution should have been implied to insure that this was the normal user but it was too "easy."  With the enhancement of information technology it makes me think can we ever be sure we are completely safe? My guess is no. It seems as though every week these criminals have made another technique for stealing our information, hacking our accounts, and invading our privacy. The private information Yahoo! "withholds", should it even be attached to our account.  "Yahoo! does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:  


"We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Yahoo! under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Yahoo! communicate with you about offers from Yahoo! and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information"
    So that explains why I keep getting promotions and offered for Texas users, I used a fake address. I learned way in advance not to use my real name, address, phone number, ect. If you want to be protected on the internet don't exists. But it shouldn't have to be that way. I signed for an email account to professionally interact with others not to be profiled. I believe that these days everything is relying heavily on profiling which can ultimately put us in danger of being hacked. It is a lot of loop holes in this email service business so to protect yourself hide yourself.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment